With burglary among other crimes on the rise, it will behoove everyone to take guard with home security systems. Even if you can’t afford a full home security system, there are various measures that you should take to safeguard your home and your family. For example, you can check the perimeter of your home for areas that may be more susceptible to burglars. And once you thoroughly evaluate your home, which includes checking entryways, windows, doors, bushes, and surrounding areas, you must take various measure to make your home is more secure. This can be done by cutting down the hedges of your bushes so criminals won’t have any way of concealment. Secondly, you should buy better locks and even security gates for your home. These measures will shy many criminals from casing your home once they see better locks and so forth. However, there are some who will still check for ways to burglarize your home. And that’s where more security measure must be taken, like installing home security lights.
Home Security Lights
It’s surprising to a lot of people, but one of the safest areas in the United States is a neighborhood in Detroit, Michigan called Midtown. According to some reports, crimes have reduced 52% over the last eight years in that neighborhood, and this Detroit neighborhood is safe to live and work. It also has one of the safest university campuses. And furthermore, one reason why this neighborhood is one of the safest areas in the US is due to the security lighting of homes and businesses.
With all the stories about burglars being told everyday on the news, one would think that more residences and businesses would take more security measures. Even if the costliness is a concern, home security lighting is a very effective and more affordable way. If there were more home security lights installed, the amount of burglaries will significantly decrease.
Security lighting is one of the most effective aspects for home defense. There are many types of security lights. Some are photosensitive, timed security, and motion activated. Some can be timed to be on at a certain time in the evening and be turned off at dawn. The different types of lighting should be placed in house corners, walkways, patio areas, and above garage doors. They should also be placed out of reach.
There are various benefits of home security lights, and they are as follows:
- Peace of Mind – knowing that you have more security for your home with hi-tech security lights will put anyone more at ease.
- Undesired Animal Guests – a thriving garden or a beautiful flower garden will attract animals especially when it’s dark when they think they can easily prowl.
- Insurance Break for the Home Owner – having more security will reduce the risk to insurance companies, thus reducing the insurance rates.
- Prevent Unwanted Accidents – with lighting, whether it’s motion activated or time sensitive, you and your loved ones can prevent tripping and falling.
- To Reduce/Catch Criminals – with security lights, criminals will either shy away from coming to your home, or catching burglars, will occur.